We continue to actively monitor the rapidly evolving situation regarding Covid-19. The health and wellbeing of all personnel remains our priority, therefore in accordance with Government advice, preventative guidance from Public Health England (PHE) and instruction from the Association of Pallet Networks (APN) a revised process is now necessary for signature capture. This will apply to Electronic Devices, Printed Schedules and Customer Own Paperwork for ALL Pallet Networks to help prevent further spread of this infection.
With immediate effect and no later than 20th March 2020 the following process must be adopted by all depots and remain active until further notice.
Customer Own Paperwork
- Signatures will NO LONGER be obtained on Customer Own Paperwork
- If the consignee requires a copy of any documentation this must be affixed to Pallet Number 1 of the consignment. Note: this will not be removed by the delivery driver, a SIGNATURE WILL NOT BE OBTAINED THE NETWORK WILL NO LONGER PROCESS CUSTOMER PAPERWORK Signature on EDC Device
- Signatures will NO LONGER be obtained on any Electronic Device
- DRIVER TO TAP ARRIVED UPON ARRIVAL as normal
- DRIVER TO UNLOAD ON THE DEVICE as normal
- THE DRIVER MUST write with the stylus on the screen CV-19 – the driver must type the customer surname as normal – no initials, surname only.
- DRIVER TO DEPART as normal covic
Due to the current situation, it is becoming increasingly difficult to ensure the correct recipient is available to take delivery.
Sites may also be selective with opening times or are going to be unmanned due to staff shortages and isolation.Because of this, it is imperative a full and correct phone number is applied to ALL jobs , please also where possible notify of any amendments at the delivery point.
Many thanks for your ongoing Co-operation